At B THE BEACH BRAND we are committed to continuous improvement to keep making the most respectful decisions for the planet and the women who rely on us. All our swimwear pieces are created with the lightest possible environmental footprint and we design them to ensure quality and durability.
We strongly believe that sustainability is a long journey and we know there is still much work to be done. Here we want to share with you all the improvement efforts we have done since we launched our first collection, back in 2020, to this new 2021 collection:
We are working with a new manufacturer to improve our production efficiency and increase our flexibility to restock on demand.
The new workshop is managed by a team of amazing women with more than 20 years of experience in the swimwear industry. We always seek local suppliers that meet our values, who are committed to their social and environmental responsibilities and are just as uncompromising as we are when it comes to quality.
- Higher quality products.
- Less CO2 emissions – the new manufacturer is located in Barcelona closer to our office, what implies less commuting.
- Is managed by women – over 20 years’ experience in the industry.
- Small productions and possibility to restock on demand – Reduction of excess inventory and less waste generation.
We have improved our packaging.
Now we are using card boxes made from a minimum of 90% recycled paper and 10% FSC paper to send you your new pieces. Our labels are also made from 100% recycled paper.
Benefits of using recycled paper:
- Energy-saving: Paper produced from recycled paper represents an energy saving of 70% compared to the energy needed to produce paper from wood or virgin fibres.
- Water-saving: Recycling paper saves 80% of water compared to production from virgin fibre.
- Less waste is sent to landfill or for incineration.
- Reduction of the raw material consumed.
We have created a repair service for our swimwear pieces. Because repairing your pieces instead of throwing them away is the key to sustainable fashion.
Every second, 2,625 kilos of clothes are either burned or landfilled. By extending the life of your clothes you can reduce their carbon, water, and landfill footprint by up to 30% in 9 months.
Learn how our repair service works.